Thursday, February 2, 2012

Quick Thoughts- Rose: All Star Again



"It means a lot. I remember not being in the All-Star game. Wanting to be in the game is something you should take to heart. I want to accomplish something in this league. One of those is being on the All-Star team. It’s an honor. It means a lot for my fans to vote for me. I didn’t realize I had all those votes. I’m appreciative. I don’t take any one of my fans that went online and voted for me for granted. I appreciate them all. I hope they continue to watch me." - Derrick Rose to his Fans/ on him being an All-Star.

Rose will be going to his 3rd straight All-Star game appearance, and the 2nd straight that he will start. Rose is one of 4 Bulls to be in back to back to back All-Star games. Lets all remember that after the Jordan era, the Bulls did not have ONE all-star player until #1. Rose received 1,514,723 total votes, 3rd overall in votes.

Quotes are credited to K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune and his questions asked to D. Rose earlier this morning. Congrats Derrick Rose!
--------
Quick Thoughts: Congratulations to Derrick Rose on this 3rd straight All-Star game. It brings joy to see that such a humble person like Rose has finally gotten the well deserved national attention. Rose is unlike any other NBA player today; One that can roar his team up without saying a word.

Tonight, Derrick Rose will walk out onto Madison Square Garden wearing the Adidas 2.5 shoe that has been named "Brenda", dedicated to his mother. Sam Smith, a blogger and writer for ChicagoBulls.com, frequently writes and tracks reasons why D.Rose is unlike any other player in the league. Yesterday, Sam Smith documented reason #676.

In the pregame before the Bulls-76ers game, Derrick Rose was approached by legendary Sixers statistician Harvey Pollack. Pollack gave Rose one of his annual stat reviews, and chatted joyfully with the now 3-time all-star. When Derrick Rose found out that Pollack had been in the NBA since 1946, and a true legend of the game, he asked Pollack to sign the review. That's right, Derrick Rose asked Harvey Pollack for his autograph.

As Chicago Bulls fans we have the great honor of watching one of the best in the game grow game by game. Rose said that he isn't taking one fan for granted, and let it be known that we as the fans, are not taking Rose for granted either.

Credits to Sam Smith of ChicagoBulls.com as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment